Terms and conditions of sale
You should print and keep a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
1. How these terms and conditions apply
In these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”), the following will help you understand meanings used:
1. “electronic equipment” and “device” means the electronic equipment which you wish to sell to us in accordance with these Terms. This does not include a SIM card and SIM cards must not be sent; Summit IT Management cannot be held responsible for any SIM cards left within the electronic equipment. Any SIM cards left will be destroyed.
2. “Waste transfer note” is a certified document confirming the electronic equipment complies with the WEEE directive and ensures Summit IT Management take sole responsibility for the ownership of the equipment.
3. “we/us/our” means Summit IT Management ;
4. “you/your” means you, the person/company sending electronic equipment.
These Terms apply whenever you agree to send us electronic equipment and indicates your acceptance of these Terms.
1. We may vary these Terms from time to time and ask you to review these terms prior to any collection.
2. About us
The electronic equipment sale and recycling service is provided by Summit IT Management , a company registered in England under company number 9394069 and whose registered office is at 11 Stratford Road, Shirley, Solihull, West Midlands, B90 3LU. We use the trade name “Summit IT Management ” and our trading office address is Bretby Business Park, Ashby Road, Bretby, Burton on Trent, DE15 0YZ. 2
3. How the contract is formed between you and us
1. You must have the authority to enter into any transaction where any electronic equipment is sent to us.
2. Ownership of and risk in the electronic equipment will only pass to us when our valuation has been accepted verbally or in writing by you in accordance with these Terms. A waste transfer note will then be issued for you to sign and return.
3. You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a contract or any of your rights or obligations arising under it without our prior written consent.
4. Subject to prior consent we may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a contract or any of our rights or obligations arising under it at any time during the term of the contract.
4. Packaging your items
1. You are strongly recommended to pack your electronic equipment securely prior to dispatch in order to minimise the risk of damage. As referring to point 6 below we can only value the electronic equipment in the state we receive them in. If you require packaging advice please contact your personal account manager.
5. Delivering your electronic equipment to us
1. Summit IT Management will arrange collection and will supply a delivery label to be applied to the packaging for sending electronic equipment. Collection will be made by Summit IT Management or other third party carriers by prior arrangement free of charge. The collection will be made from the agreed collection point between Monday and Friday, excluding bank holidays. Collections outside these hours can be requested as a special collection.
6. Damaged Electronic Equipment
1. We value all electronic equipment in the state that we receive it in and will not be held responsible for any damage in transit. Accordingly, if a device which we receive is damaged, then we will value taking account of the damage (in accordance with our grading policy) and communicate this to you.
7. Data Security
1. Where requested, data stored on mobile communication devices and other associated equipment will wherever technically possible be securely removed or deleted in line with manufacturer’s guidelines or third party data cleansing providers.
2. Please ensure you remove all SIM cards before sending us electronic equipment. We accept no liability in the event that a SIM card is sent with a phone and charges are then incurred. You shall continue to be responsible for such charges. Any SIM cards, memory cards or any other data storage devices received by us are non-returnable and will be wiped in accordance with our standard data wiping procedures or will be destroyed where data wiping has not been technically possible. We accept no liability for any data on the SIM cards, memory cards or any other storage devices (whether in the form of personal details, SMS, photos, games, songs or other data (“Data”))
3. Please remember that by sending your electronic equipment to us, you agree to release us from any and all claims, losses or damages with respect to the device, any data stored or contained therein, or on any media used in conjunction with the device (whether in the form of personal details, SMS, photos, games, songs or other data (“Data”)). We accept no responsibility in relation to the security, protection, confidentiality or use of such Data until the receipt of the electronic equipment at our trading office address mentioned above in ‘point 2 about us’.
4. Unless specified by you the customer, devices where it is not technically possible to remove data will be processed as beyond economic repair (BER) and distributed for parts or repairs/re-use.
5. Items that are considered to have no commercial value are sent to a third party WEEE accredited recycling company where the items are refined for parts including metals and plastics.
8. Electronic device grading and valuation
1. On the receipt of goods we will process, grade and test each device. From this a valuation will be determined, following which you will be asked to agree to the valuation and subsequently return a signed waste transfer note which will be supplied by us.
2. Please note: You are responsible for cancelling any airtime contract linked to each handset/SIM card. We are not responsible for any call costs arising before, or after, receipt of your handset, or arising from any other circumstances whatsoever.
9. Stolen and blocked mobile phones
1. We support and adhere to a code of practice set by the Home Office and the National Mobile Phone Crime Unit to ensure stolen and blocked mobile phones are not recycled. We check the IMEI numbers of all submitted orders via CheckMEND to ensure no blocked or stolen phones are sold to us.
Any handsets with an adverse history will be held in quarantine for 28 days and if not claimed within this time specified, will become property of Summit IT Management .
If we at any time become aware of any adverse history on any device, we reserve the right to withhold/cancel payment for those devices with adverse history only and you agree to co-operate with us and any authorities should we so request.
10. Value and payment 4
1. We aim to provide you with a valuation available within 24 hours on receipt of goods.
2. The criteria used to value electronic equipment is based on numerous factors including changes in market value, functionality and grading. We may change the way in which we value electronic equipment at any time and without notice. Once the value is issued, you must confirm acceptance of this within 5 working days. Should you fail to respond, within the time period then it shall be deemed reasonable for Summit IT Management to assume that the valuation is acceptable and that the ownership of equipment transfers, in line with our best practice. Once the 5 day period has expired, if the devices, for any reason, are requested to be returned, then we may replace the devices on a like for like basis subject to stock availability. The valuation may be subject to change after the 5 days mentioned above.
3. You reserve the right to refuse acceptance of the valuation. If the valuation cannot be agreed, all collection and assessment fees will be paid by Summit IT Management and your electronic equipment will be returned free of charge.
4. No payment will be dispatched before we receive your electronic equipment. Payment is made in accordance with the method you select in the sale order process. The preferred payment method is BACS.
5. Our standard terms are 30 days from date of invoice or signed waste transfer note any amount over £10,000 90 days will apply. Payment processing and timings depend on third parties which we do not fully control. We will not be liable for any delay in your receipt of payment as a result of third party action or inaction once we have issued instructions for payment.
6. Payments are also subject to validation and security checks which we or third parties may stipulate from time to time. Payments are non-transferable and will be made to the payee named as instructed on the waste transfer note. If you would like a charity to receive payment, you must ensure you have all the correct details and authorisation. Payments will be sent in the case of postal payments to the address specified on the waste transfer note. Payments are made using the details which you provide. You must ensure that you provide all correct details, including payment and account information. We will not be liable if you fail to receive a payment or suffer a loss as a result of you providing inaccurate account information. In the case that a cheque duplicate needs to be raised due to incorrect details being input at the point of sale, you will be liable to cover all administrative fees issued for a duplicate cheque. The total value will be subtracted from any payments owing. If the administration fee is greater than the fee owed, no cheque payment will be sent as a result.
1. Summit IT Management are fully committed to the telecommunication regulations and data protection act and follow strict processes to ensure we comply with them. We record all calls made by and reserve the right to store and listen to these telephone recordings. These recordings will be stored on our system for 300 days and will be used for training and quality purposes.
2. If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these Terms are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the provision will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
3. If we fail, at any time while these Terms are in force, to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, that will not mean that we have we have waived such rights or remedies and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you that will not mean that we will automatically waive any subsequent default by you. No waiver by us of any of these Terms shall be effective unless we expressly say that it is a waiver and we tell you so in writing.
4. A person who is not a party to these Terms shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
5. We may also provide links on our site to the websites of other companies, whether affiliated with us or not. We cannot give any undertaking that products you purchase from third party sellers through our site or from companies to whose website we have provided a link on our website will be of satisfactory quality and any such warranties are DISCLAIMED by us absolutely. This DISCLAIMER does not affect your statutory rights against that third party seller.
6. All notices given by you to us must be sent to Summit IT Management , Bretby Business Park, Ashby Road, Bretby, Burton on Trent, DE15 0YZ or firstname.lastname@example.org. Notice will be deemed received and properly served 2 working days after an email is sent or 5 working days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email that such email was sent to the specified address of that addressee.
7. Unless there is any signed agreement between the two parties that is still valid within the agreement specified period, these Terms and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter of any contract and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether verbal or in writing.
8. These Terms shall be governed by English law and we both agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
9. Please note that we have the ability to retain any data that you provide on the Summit IT Management website and on the enquiries section. Such contact details and data may be used to contact you to help answer your enquiries and improve our operations.
Note: please read these terms & conditions carefully before submitting your electronic equipment for valuation to Summit IT Management. You should understand that by submitting your electronic equipment for sale to Summit IT Management you agree to be bound by these terms & conditions. You should print and keep a copy of these terms & conditions for future reference. If you refuse to accept these terms & conditions, you will not be able to offer your electronic equipment for recycling via Summit IT Management.
To Arrange your FREE collection please email us at: email@example.com
How it works.
Our simple and hassle free approach means we do all the hard work for you. We simply ask you to put your redundant electronic equipment to one side and then we look after the rest, including a FREE secure courier collection, data erasure, grading, pricing and payment. Once your devices are fully processed we will send your certified documentation meeting the requirements of the WEEE directive.
If you are not happy with the service we have provided we will send back all your equipment free of charge.
Recycling is the Process of Making or manufacturing new product from a product that has served its original purpose.
There are three key factors when thinking about how to recycle - The 3 R's:
Reduce- the most essential way to reduce waste is to avoid creating it in the first place
Reuse- reusing materials and using items that have reusable qualities
Recycle- the process in which an item or its components are used to create something new
Reduce, reuse and recycle are separate but interconnected concepts that support the same goal of maintaining a healthy world.
Call us on: 0800 158 8496
Copyright © SUMMIT IT MANAGEMENT. All Rights Reserved
Company Number: 09394069
Summit IT Management Limited offer nationwide IT Recycling, Hard Drive destruction, Computer disposal and Waste management services. Find out more in your area: IT Recycling Scotland, IT Recycling North East England, IT Recycling North West England, IT Recycling England, IT Recycling Wales, IT Recycling London, IT Recycling Midlands, IT Recycling South England, IT Recycling South West England, IT Recycling South East England.
Waste carrier reg no: CBDU42702